- You'll have to revise your 'strategy' every few weeks so don't spend a lot of time in Word / PowerPoint / Kinkos making it look pretty.
- No matter where on the emotional rollercoaster you are on any given day, project total confidence to the outside world -- people respond more to that, than your schpiel on disintermediating blah, blah, blah.
- If you go to a web 2.0 networking event, everyone you tell your idea to thinks they're an expert on what web businesses will succeed or fail. They're not. No one is. They just all read the same blogs which confidently assert constantly changing conventional wisdom.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You're frequently going to need to step outside to walk around the block while muttering to yourself.
- Exercise and eat healthy. In the long run, you don't increase productivity by consuming pizza, doritos and red bull while chained to your desk all day/every day.
- When your friends/family ask you how the business is coming along... always start off by saying "Great!" Save the cathartic sharing of any doubts/stress with fellow entrepreneurs and sites like this! Non-entrepreneurs won't understand and will just feel sorry for you...
miércoles, 29 de agosto de 2007
Some Startup Commandments
Me pasaron estos puntos, muy interesantes, pido disculpas por no citar de donde es, pero no lo se. Espero que les sean útiles.