miércoles, 28 de noviembre de 2007

Are you prepared for disaster?

del blog startupspark.com, no dejen de leer el artículo completo
The image “http://www.intelitechcomputersolutions.com/images/disaster.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
I know we never like to think about it, but sometimes bad things happen to good businesses.The fires in California got me thinking about it. Sure, the news is focused on the homes lost, but I haven’t seen much about the businesses that have been devastated by this disaster. And I am sure there are many.
Small business owners invest a tremendous amount of time, money and resources to make their ventures successful, and yet, while the importance of emergency planning may seem self-evident, it may get put on the back-burner in the face of more immediate concerns. An estimated 25 percent of businesses do not reopen following a major disaster, according to the Institute for Business and Home Safety.
A friend - and very smart woman, Desiree Young of VentureWalk helps business in wake of a disaster. After all, her business is in New Orleans, and she has helped many business down there gain even more success after facing Hurricane Katrina.
But, according to Desiree, the real key is to plan for a disaster.
Make sure you keep vital information backed up off your site. I run two back ups on my computer, which is my lively-hood. One to a small hard drive I keep in my purse. The next to a back up storage area online.Another thing to do is talk to an insurance agent and find out what your policy covers for your business. And think about business interruption insurance.
It was a vital for my Dad when his store literally blew up. (Long story… but I am not exaggerating). He had nothing left and that insurance helped him rebuild and get his business back up and running.And you need to find out about taxes. There are certain deductions for loss and even some write offs when there is a disaster. Often the government gives grants and other incentives to rebuild. But find a professional like my pal Kelly over at TaxGirl, who can help you with the fine print (which may mean the grant is taxable).
http://www.tecsafety.com/images/disaster8.jpg

No hay comentarios.: