miércoles, 9 de enero de 2008

Balance: Isn’t it why we started a business?

De startupspark.com, espero que les sea útil, no dejen de leer el post completo.

Sure, we want the money. We want the bragging rights to say we’re a founder and CEO of a business. We want the lifestyle a successful entrepreneur has.

But at what price?

If you haven’t read Confessions of a CEO in Fortune Magazine. You need to. Run out and get a copy. Seriously.

I know how hard it is trying to do everything when you first get started. But keep your eye on the REAL prize.

Eric over at Common Sense PR talked about what he’s doing to focus on his family. And so did Bridget at Biz Chicks Rule.

So I thought I’d share why I started my business. I was recently married and wanted a family. So when the opportunity came to create Cherry Communications, I grabbed it.

Since then, I had twin girls, who are now 21 months old. And I’m lucky enough to be able to go to music class and story time at the library with them every week. And each time I’m with them, it reminds me why I struggled to build a business… for us.

No hay comentarios.: